1. Write something everyday. It may not seem like much, but over time a little turns into a lot and one day you will have a finished first draft.
2. Don't wait for inspiration to strike. It's too unpredictable. When it does strike use it, but for all the times it doesn't, write anyway. Writing is the best way to create inspiration.
3. Make writing a priority. If you don't, no one else will.
4. In order to make writing a priority, you may have to sacrifice other things to the writing gods, like a spotless house or perfectly prepared dinners. Save the housework for when you are really stuck on a plot point and need to step away from the story and let it percolate in your subconscious.
5. Speaking of perfectly prepared, don't strive for perfection, strive for words on the paper. First drafts are rarely pretty, don't expect yours to be any different, just expect it to be done. You can always edit later, but that is another post for another time.