Thanks to Parajunkie and Alison Can Read for hosting this blog hop.

Q: Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate --? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that? 

A couple of years ago, I picked up a copy of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. The fact that it was set in the UK during WWII is what caught my attention, since I love both British history and WWII history. However, at the time, I had been disappointed by a number of historical fiction books, so it took me a while to get around to reading it. While I didn't expect to hate it, I never expected I would end up loving it as much as I did. I read it in two days, which, with my schedule is fast, then I passed it on to my mother and sister. So, if you get a chance to read this book, read it. It is great.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to pin this so I can remember the book. I usually like this kind of book and so dies my daughter.

Bookingly Yours said...

The cover and title didn't look interesting enough for me to read it. . . . but maybe I should try since you liked it..

happy friday, new follower!
http://bookinglyyours.blogspot.com/2013/04/follow-friday.html

iamjenai

Gracie said...

Hello! I was not too sure about this book as well, and I really enjoyed it!

New follower
http://www.gracienoseinabook.blogspot.com

Gracie

Marcia said...

Thanks for the news about the auction! GWTW is my favorite movie, too!