Diving Into Research

I'm currently studying early fossil hunters and early arctic explorers for a new book idea. 
Today, I found a lot of great books at the library on both subjects. 

I love my job!

Here's a sampling of what I found. 


Terrible Lizard: The First Dinosaur Hunters and the Birth of a New Science 
by Deborah Cadbury

It's an in-depth look at the early British naturalists and fossil hunters.


Ice Blink: The Tragic Fate of Sir John Franklin's Lost Polar Expedition 
by Scott Cookman

Reading this, one wonders how anyone on any of those early arctic expeditions managed to survive.


The Fossil Hunter: Dinosaurs, Evolution and the Woman Whose Discoveries Changed the World
by Shelley Emling

A biography of fossil hunter Mary Anning and her place in the male dominated science field of the early nineteenth century.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Cool! I'm a fan of early British naturalists but I've paid more attention to the plant gathers, than the dinosaur seekers.

Joy's Book Blog

Joyce Lansky said...

Nothing better than having a job you love.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Tina at Mommynificent.com said...

How fun! I'm a big fan of Ernest Shackleton, but he was an Antarctic explorer. I can't think of any Arctic explorers off hand. Thanks for sharing it with us at Booknificent Thursday!
Tina

Please visit my website
http://www.georgie-lee.com/
for more great information on me and my books.