Want a castle? Would you settle for a plantation?


I was in Richmond, Virginia last week and I visited Berkeley Plantation and Shirley Plantation. Both are beautiful historic homes with a great deal to offer anyone who is interested in Colonial America. Surprisingly, both are also still privately owned. Shirley Plantation is the oldest, family-owned business in America. However, it's how it stayed in the family that I find interesting. When the Carter family hit the end of the male line in the 1950s, the remaining daughter was instructed to find a male relative with the Carter last name and give him the plantation. A second cousin was found and the plantation with all it's history was given to him.

If anyone out there has a spare plantation/castle/title that they need to pass on, I am available. Contact me, please!

No comments: