Some Period Dresses from Various Sources

Back in November of 2007, I visited England and the Bath costume exhibit. At the time, I was just getting into writing Regency romance novels. I had written my first novel, Lady's Wager, and it was scheduled to be released in January of 2008. I've always been into all things British but with my novel about to be published, I was on full Anglophile mode. I wish I had taken more pictures at the museum, but alas, with so much to see and do, it was hard to focus. Apparently, it was hard for my camera to focus too. Here are  a couple pictures that I did take.

 
Regency Dress, Bath Costume Museum, Regency, England, fashion, dress, history, painting

Regency Dress, Bath Costume Museum, Regency, England, fashion, dress, history, painting


Here are some portraits of Georgian era costumes, with the exception of Napoleons sisters in their Regency finery, from The Getty museum in Los Angeles. I visited there a couple of years ago for a great exhibition of photographs from Queen Victoria's collection. Sadly, I could not take any pictures of those. I was so excited about the one of the Duke of Wellington.

Regency Dress, Bonparte Sisters, Regency, England, fashion, dress, history, painting, getty

Regency Dress, Bonparte Sisters, Regency, England, fashion, dress, history, painting, getty

Regency Dress, Bonparte Sisters, Regency, England, fashion, dress, history, painting, getty, dog

Regency Dress, Bonparte Sisters, Regency, England, fashion, dress, history, painting, getty, cat

 I love the cat the woman is holding in this portrait. He doesn't look happy.




If you enjoyed this post then you should check out my books because I describe a lot of period dresses in them www.Georgie-Lee.com

The Dedicated House

No comments: