Something old and something older...

I love this story about a bride wearing her great-great-grandmothers' 1884 wedding dress. The classic styles never go out of date and who can resist the allure of antique silk and handmade lace?

(To read the story, follow the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2022477/Bride-old-sorted-weds-127-year-old-dress-worn-great-great-grandmother.html)










I'm guessing there aren't many dresses from the 1970's and 80's taking a second trip down the aisle. After all, polyester isn't one of those fabrics that transcends time. But maybe I'm wrong. After all, who can resist these looks?
 


My books have a lot of weddings in them so check them out www.Georgie-Lee,com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these old dress pattern illustrations. My mom and I used to sew together when I was a kid. Wish I retained more of that skill? Visiting via "Pin It Party" from over at www.ritewhileucan.com where I get giddy over all things paper and the lost art of letter writing.

Pam said...

I love these old pattern envelops. My sister's wedding dress was almost identical to one of those patterns. She or my mom sewed it. She was a lovely bride.

TaMara Sloan said...

I'm sure my mom had some of those patterns back in the day. Thanks for sharing at Tales of a Pee Dee Mama.

Rachel said...

Those patterns are so funny! That orange one looks exactly like the dresses my mom made her bridesmaids wear at her wedding in the late 70s!! :) Thanks for linking up with the weekend Block Party! Hope to see you this weekend again!