Last year, I donated a number of books on writing. This year, having recently emerged from the writing cave after meeting the deadline for my second Harlequin book, Rescued from Ruin, I decided to put together a "Pamper Me" basket. This basket is for anyone who has reached any kind of deadline, or for any mom at the end of a string of sleepless nights. I know what it's like to do both, sometimes at the same time.
Items in the basket include:
- Bath poofs which I used in place of tissue paper at the bottom to support the items.
- Chocolate (a must).
- A small bottle of Malibu Rum (another must).
- Single serve Swiss mocha coffee to wake you up after a long night of working/mothering.
- Perfume samples, because who smells fresh after being up all night working, or with a little one?
- Chapstick in sparkling melon to sooth you and make you feel pretty.
- Flirty Tease sparkling body lotion to perk up skin as tired as you are.
- Fingernail polish because it is one of the fastest and easiest ways to feel pretty.
- A candle in a small coffee cup because I thought it was cute.
- Hair products to use after you take that first shower in, well, you don't want to admit how long.
- A make-up bag to use for whatever.
I hope you enjoyed this little peek at my gift basket. If you know of any good blogs with suggestions for baskets, I'd love to read about it in the comments. I'm already planning my tea basket for my church's Mardi Gras silent auction.