The Man, The Suit, The Regency.




There is something sexy about Regency men's clothing. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that during the Regency men dressed in a very muted and understated way. For the first time in history, male dress began to resemble what we know today as the suit. Gone were the wigs and velvet of earlier centuries. In their place appeared clothing that allowed the man and not his satin to shine. I enjoy the clothing of other periods. John Malcovich and Keanue Reeve are very sexy in their brocade in Dangerous Liasons, but nothing can compare to the dark jackets and the crisp white shirts of the Regency. In honor of this landmark change in clothing, I offer some great examples of men in Regency attire in films. Enjoy!
   


 





If you like these men, you will love the heroes of my novels. Check them out at www.Georgie-Lee.com

7 comments:

Lanaya | Raising Reagan said...

I loved this period for men ... mmm .. Colin Firth and Jeremy Northam. Yes please.

Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
Raising-Reagan.com

stevebethere said...

Nice period but glad we don't still wear them clothes...I just love the blog name LOL

Have a clacktastic rest of week ;-)

OrangeHeroMama said...

That first pic is...FINE!!! Yum!

http://www.homeofohm.com/2013/09/wordlesswednesday-oh-starbucksw-linky.html

Jacquie said...

One of my favorite periods of clothes for guys!!

mail4rosey said...

I guess I never thought about it, but it is rather dapper looking, isn't it? :)

I'm thinking of Mr. Darcy. Does he qualify?

Have a great week and thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync.

Lanaya | Raising Reagan said...

Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
Raising-Reagan.com

Linda Roy said...

Oh yes please. I loved that period too. There is a hat maker in Gettysburg who makes a lot of the costume hats for movies and he sells Empire period hats. I want one so badly but I know I'd just do something crazy like go out in public and wear it. ;)