WWW Wednesday

I'm participating in WWW Wednesday hosted by Should Be Reading. Now that I have met my deadline and I have a little bit of free time before the next round of rushing, I can tackle a couple of books from my TBR pile.

From Should Be Reading's blog, here's how to play:
To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions. 

1) What are you currently reading?
2) What did you recently finish
3) What do you think you'll read next?


1) I am currently reading The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague in History by John M. Barry. I have a strange fascination with books dealing with historic plagues and this isn't the first one I've read on this topic (read my post about it here). Also, since my grandfather used to talk about how his mother died in this plague, I have a distant personal connection to the events.



2) I recently finished My Fair Concubine by Jeannie Lin. I really enjoyed this book. It is a romance set in China in 824. 


3) Next, I think I will read A Dangerous Liason with Detective Lewis by Jillian Stone. I really enjoyed the first book in The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard series and I am looking froward to this one.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

The book about the influenza sounds fascinating. I really think I must find that for when I'm in the mood for an 'adult' read. My WWW is at:
http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com/
cheers
Gwynn

Unknown said...

Ooh, great bunch of books :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/04/www-wednesdays.html

Anonymous said...

An interesting selection of books! Is the last one a mystery? The cover looks like it might be a romance which I'm not too keen on. Mysteries however are totally my favourite genre!

Unknown said...

I really want to read A Dangerous Liaison with Detective Lewis! I want to read this whole series, but i just haven't had the time! Hope you enjoy it :)

Kwizgiver said...

What interesting books!

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Georgie,

You have a couple of great books in your arsenal this week. My eye was particularly drawn to the Jillian Stone book, especially as it has introduced me to another great detective series.

I checked out both books and author on a search site which I use regularly (fantasticfiction.co.uk) and realised just how much catching up with the series I have to do, but I can't resist trying!!

Thanks for sharing and for stopping by Fiction Books today,

Yvonne