Virtual Advent Blog Hop

Welcome everyone. It's almost Christmas and hopefully all your presents are purchased, wrapped and under the tree, and your menu for Christmas Day is set. Now you can relax, sit back and watch the Christmas tree lights twinkle, enjoy some hot cocoa and maybe even curl up with a movie or two.

For me, it isn't the Christmas season until I watch A Charlie Brown Christmas but I also have some other favorites that are a little off the beaten path. I've compiled a short list of these films, some of which you might remember from your childhood. I hope you enjoy the list and find a new favorite to add to your holiday collection. Have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. My sister and I used to watch this every year, so I was very excited when she told me it is streaming on Netflix. It is a heartwarming story with all the adorable muppets you expect from Jim Henson.


The Muppet Christmas Carol. I assure you, not every movie on this list will have muppets in it but I do love this version of Dickens. It stays pretty true to the novel but with a lot of cute characters and sight gags.








A Christmas in Connecticut. The 1945 Barbara Stanwyck version is a great, classic Hollywood holiday film. The plot is fun, the dialogue witty and the chemistry between the hero and heroine sparkles.








The Bishops Wife. This 1947 classic stars Cary Grant, David Niven and Loretta Young. Cary Grant is spectacular as usual as an angel who comes to help an Episcopal Bishop remember the important things in life.






A Tale of Two Cities. The 1935 version with Ronald Colman is excellent. Now, I realize it isn't a strictly Christmas movie and it can be a bit heavy at times, but some of the story does take place at Christmas. Ronald Coleman's portrayal of Sydney Carton is very moving and well worth watching.

1 comment:

Marg said...

I haven't heard of a couple of these movies.

Thanks for participating in the tour!