When to Give Up on a Book You're Reading



How to, reading, writing, books



My to be read list is getting out of hand. As a result, if a book doesn't grab me, I'll abandon it and move on to another. A co-worker of mine told me about an interesting formula for figuring out how many pages a person should read before deciding to give up. Subtract your age from 100 and that number is the number of pages you have to read in order to give the book a chance.

Reading, writing, how to, novels, booksI like this formula because it takes into account age and experience. The older you are, therefore the wiser, the less time you have to spend on a novel that may not suit your tastes. However, if you're a teenager, you have to read quite a number of pages before sticking your nose up at the story.

Someday, I will torture my kids with stuff like this.

If you've like to check out my books, please visit www.Georgie-Lee.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent formula - and yes, I agree, some books you buy just don't match up to expectation and there is no point wading through 'em if they just don't grab you by chapter 4