It's begining to look a lot like goody baskets.


'Tis the season when my office is flooded with baskets full of cheeses that don't need to be refrigerated, gourmet chocolates we've never heard of and tea biscuits. You can practically hear the stampede when everyone receives the email announcing a basket has arrived and is ready for perusing.

It's also the time of year to eat the things you don't eat the rest of the year. For me, the once a year treats include eggnog, port wine cheese balls and those round cookies coated with powdered sugar ( pictured above). My husband likes Ferrero Rocher, Hickory Farms beef sticks and something called Chutter. We are currently hunting down said Chutter which teases us by appearing in Google searches only to disappear when we click on the page. Rumor has it that Hickory Farms doesn't make it anymore.

Like the goody basket, these treats have become as synonymous with the season as Santa, candy canes and Christmas lights. It's why I can't buy Christmas tree Peeps. Peeps mean Easter and you can't simply cross holiday treats like that.

6 comments:

Cara King said...

What is "chutter"? Some kind of cheese? Meat? Cheesy butter? :-)

I like mincemeat pies...

Cara

Anny Cook said...

Ah, yes, the goodie baskets. The one thing I miss about now working!
Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I've never had Chutter but my husbands has. He describes it as a very creamy chedder.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I used to work for Hickory Farms a LONG time ago. HF had the exclusive on Chutter, but now you can get it through the company that makes it.

http://www.herkimerfoods.com/

Good luck - I sure loved it when I worked there.

Leslie
http://leslieaross.spaces.live.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Leslie. I'll have to check it out. After hearing my husband talk about it I have to try it.

Rich said...

2 1/2 pound blocks of Chutter can be bought right at Herkimer's online store. Cheers!