Pamper Me Gift Basket

I enjoy putting together gift baskets for events. In November, my local Romance Writers of America chapter is having its annual Literacy Event. People and businesses donate basket which are then raffled off and the money is donated to different literacy groups. It's a fun event, and this year I get to sign copies of my recent Harlequin Historical, Engagement of Convenience at the group author signing afterwards.

Last year, I donated a number of books on writing. This year, having recently emerged from the writing cave after meeting the deadline for my second Harlequin book, Rescued from Ruin, I decided to put together a "Pamper Me" basket. This basket is for anyone who has reached any kind of deadline, or for any mom at the end of a string of sleepless nights. I know what it's like to do both, sometimes at the same time.


Putting the basket together was fun and super easy. It's a mix of more expensive items, such as the hair care products, and inexpensive items, such as sparkly body lotion. All of the items are intended to make a person who hasn't slept or relaxed in a while start to feel human again.

Items in the basket include:
- Bath poofs which I used in place of tissue paper at the bottom to support the items.
- Chocolate (a must).
- A small bottle of Malibu Rum (another must).
- Single serve Swiss mocha coffee to wake you up after a long night of working/mothering.
- Perfume samples, because who smells fresh after being up all night working, or with a little one?
- Chapstick in sparkling melon to sooth you and make you feel pretty.
- Flirty Tease sparkling body lotion to perk up skin as tired as you are.
- Fingernail polish because it is one of the fastest and easiest ways to feel pretty.
- A candle in a small coffee cup because I thought it was cute.
- Hair products to use after you take that first shower in, well, you don't want to admit how long.
- A make-up bag to use for whatever.



 I hope you enjoyed this little peek at my gift basket. If you know of any good blogs with suggestions for baskets, I'd love to read about it in the comments. I'm already planning my tea basket for my church's Mardi Gras silent auction.


Mother's Niche

21 comments:

Heather @ LizardLollies said...

You had me at rum and chocolate! Your gift basket is an excellent idea. I don't know of blogs off the top of my head that have gift basket suggestions, but I might have a suggestion. For your tea basket, small tea towels make excellent basket liners tissue paper replacements. Good luck with the Literacy Event and have fun with the signing!

Georgie Lee said...

I love the tea towel idea. I will have to use that. Thanks!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great basket for pampering oneself. I love baths so I'd only want to add some Bath oil.

Mamal Diane said...

I love making and giving gift baskets. Wonderful idea!

Janine Huldie said...

Very nice idea and would truly love this if I was gifted it. Thanks for linking up with us over at the Mommy Blog Hoppers today, too!! :)

Danielle S said...

There are a lot of great products packed into that gift basket.

Kaz @ Melting Moments said...

Oh, what a lovely selection of gifts. Whoever wins is very lucky :)

Unknown said...

Great idea!!! I'm the most un-creative person so information like this is always useful :)

Create With Joy said...

That's a great gift basket you put together!

One of my first book reviews was on gift baskets and I am amazed by some of the creative baskets people put together!

The recipient is sure going to be one happy lady!

Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Friendship Friday this week!

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com

One Mother Hen said...

Awesome basket. Yes please! I couldn't think of anyone who wouldn't like to be spoiled with this. The candle cup is cute :)

mail4rosey said...

Your basket came out great. This is one of my favorite things to give or to receive!! Thanks for sharing at Super Sunday Sync!

Scarlett @Scarletts Excellent Adventures said...

Stopped by from The Pin Junkie party, and was curious about your gift basket. Such a great basket that I will definitely be pinning to my gift ideas board. But I was also super surprised to see that you're a Regency writer!! I am a huge fan of the genre! I will be checking out your books! Will also be following!
For gift basket ideas, check out Pinterest. I have found some good gift ideas there!

Unknown said...

Always a lovely gift of things that we don't always buy ourselves

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful basket! We like everything you have included in it. Especially the chocolate. LOL. Just found your blog through the blog hop! And we followed you on GFC! Your blog is amazing btw! :)

Tenns Reid said...

Very cute collection of "pampering" products! That makes a really nice gift idea for a new mom or someone who just needs to kick back.

Tenns @ New Mama Diaries

Unknown said...

Very cute! I do something similar for a "go-to" gift, but I do "pampering in a jar" since I seem to always have a mason jar handy. Good ideas, I don't know why I didn't think about putting a candle in mine! Featuring you at our blog hop tonight (mothersniche.com)!

Anonymous said...

You can also find a unique gift basket that’s fit for every holiday such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day, Ice Cream Day whatever. Holiday gifts are perfect to send my mail or to take along with you when visiting your friends or family. gift basket

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denyse @ Glitter, Glue, Paint said...

I did a gift basket full of hair products at my salon and raffled it off for a friend with breast cancer and it went well. I love the idea of gift baskets for any occasion or reason. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

xoxo
Denyse

Unknown said...

You can also find a distinctive reward baskets that’s in shape for any holiday break like Halloween, Thanksgiving holiday

Unknown said...

Spa gift baskets a definitely the right gift to give to someone who needs to relax! And spend some time pampering themselves. This is my favorite looking spa gift basket: http://www.giftwithabasket.com/gift-baskets/spa-gift-canada/spa-retreat.html